Vermont Federal Discrimination Lawyer
Do You Have a Federal Discrimination Claim in Vermont? Contact Us for a Confidential Consultation
Federal employees in Vermont are entitled to a work environment that is free of discrimination. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other laws prohibit federal agencies from both overtly discriminating against employees and adopting policies that are discriminatory in their effect.
Even so, discrimination in federal workplaces remains a significant issue. Many federal employees in Vermont experience discrimination and harassment on a day-to-day basis. Discriminatory hiring, promotion, discipline and termination are common as well, and these prohibited practices can have drastic impacts on federal employees’ lives.
A Vermont Federal Discrimination Lawyer Can Help You Assert Your Legal Rights
If you have been discriminated against as a federal employee, a Vermont federal discrimination lawyer at The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford can help you assert your legal rights. Our team can file an EEOC complaint on your behalf, and we can take your case to court if necessary. Federal employees do not have to—and should not—stand for abuse. With an experienced lawyer on your side, you can hold the government accountable, and you can secure the remedies you deserve.
Under federal law, U.S. government employees only have 45 days to initiate the complaint process. As a result, if you think you may have a claim (or if you don’t know and would like to find out), we encourage you to contact us promptly for a confidential consultation.
What Our Lawyers Can Do To Help
As a victim of federal employment discrimination, you have lots of reasons to hire a lawyer to represent you. Here are just some examples of what our lawyers can do to help:
- Determining If You Have a Federal Discrimination Claim – Before filing a discrimination claim against your employer, it is imperative to make sure that it has violated your statutory rights.
- Proving that You Are a Victim of Discrimination – You will need proof of the discrimination in order to assert your rights effectively. Our lawyers can gather this proof through all available legal means.
- Deciding What Remedies To Pursue – Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to a variety of remedies—some of which will involve keeping (or restoring) your federal job and some of which will not. Our lawyers can help you choose the best path forward.
- Pursuing Your Claim at the EEOC or in Federal Court – Our lawyers can prepare all necessary forms and filings on your behalf, and we can represent you before the EEOC, in federal court or both.
- Deciding How and When To Resolve Your Claim – Should you accept an Offer of Resolution? If the EEOC rules against you, should you file an appeal? Our lawyers can help you make the right decision about how and when to resolve your federal discrimination claim.
Why Choose The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford?
1. We Focus Our Practice Exclusively on Employment Law
We focus our practice exclusively on handling employment discrimination claims and other employment-related matters. Founder and Vermont federal discrimination lawyer Jay Stafford has spent well over a decade fighting for the rights of disadvantaged and mistreated workers.
2. We Exclusively Represent Employees
Unlike many other employment law firms, we exclusively represent employees—and we have particular experience representing civilian employees of the federal government. As a result, we know what you are going through, and we know just how important it is to make sure you receive the outcome you deserve.
3. We Have a Team of Experienced Legal Professionals
When you choose us, you will have a team of experienced legal professionals on your side. All of our lawyers and staff members are passionate about doing everything they can to protect federal employees’ legal rights.
4. You Will Work Directly with an Experienced Lawyer
While you will have our team on your side, you will also work directly with an experienced lawyer throughout your federal discrimination case. You can contact your lawyer when you have questions, and you can expect to receive custom-tailored legal advice at every stage of the claim process.
5. You Can Trust Us To Put Your Best Interests First
Above all, you can count on us to put your best interests first. We do what we do because we sincerely care about how the federal government treats its employees. We will help you make informed decisions, and while we will work to obtain a favorable settlement on your behalf if possible, we will not hesitate to take on the U.S. government in court if necessary.
Speak with a Vermont Federal Discrimination Lawyer in Confidence
Do you have a federal discrimination claim? Contact our team to discuss your case with an experienced Vermont federal discrimination lawyer in confidence. To schedule an appointment at your convenience, please call 410-514-6099 or inquire online today.