Get Help Now
Sending an e-mail to the Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, LLC or an attorney at the Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, LLC does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created until we consider conflicts of interest, agree to represent you, and execute a Client Agreement confirming this representation.
Fighting To Protect What You’ve Spent Your Life Building
A MARYLAND EMPLOYMENT LAWYER FOR ALL YOUR WORKPLACE & PROFESSIONAL LICENSE DEFENSE CLAIMS
The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, LLC represents licensed professionals and employees (both public and private sector) in Maryland and Washington, D.C. facing some of the toughest times in their careers, including, but not limited to:
- Representing licensed professionals facing a disciplinary investigation by their licensing board, including preparing clients for an interview with a board investigator and representing clients at evidentiary hearings;
- Reviewing and negotiating executive employment contracts in a variety of industries;
- Investigating and pursuing wrongful termination claims;
- Representing victims of employment discrimination at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or another Fair Employment Practices Agency; and
- Litigating sexual harassment, discrimination and assault claims.
We stand side-by-side with our clients to provide both strategic legal advice and zealous advocacy. We are accustomed to high-stakes legal representation and know the stress that licensed professionals and employees face when trying to deal with their legal issues. Our Maryland employment law firm has successfully represented licensed professionals and employees get disciplinary charges dismissed, obtained a favorable and confidential resolution to board disciplinary actions, obtained significant settlements for clients facing sexual harassment in the workplace, negotiated favorable executive compensation packages and, when necessary, litigated contentious discrimination or paycheck theft cases before a variety of tribunals. Our expertise in professional licensing defense and employment law has allowed us to better serve our clients and to bring our decades of experience and legal tenacity to bear, all with the singular focus of obtaining the best possible result for our clients.
How Our Employment Lawyers Can Help You
At the Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, LLC, we understand the difficult challenges you face when pursuing a claim against your employer. Before we do anything, we evaluate your case and work with you to make sure you understand your options and the possible outcomes. We then walk you through every step of the legal process from start to finish to ensure you are comfortable and know exactly what is happening with your case.
Employment cases are often complicated and require extensive knowledge of the various federal and Maryland state laws in order to prevail on your claim. Our firm handles cases involving the following statutes:
- Maryland Anti-Discrimination Law
- Maryland Wage and Hour Law
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII of the Civil Right Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) of 1967
The requirements of these laws are not always easy to understand and it can be extremely difficult for non-lawyers to successfully pursue a claim. Our Maryland employment lawyers understand the complexities of these statutes and how they apply to your case. If you have a case, we can help you navigate the legal process to help you achieve a fair and equitable result.
The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford Serves All of Maryland and Washington DC
Our professional license defense and employment law firm is ready to serve you and to help you navigate this difficult time in your career. If you would like to meet with one of our employment attorneys, please contact us to schedule an initial consultation. Our Maryland employment law firm is located in Baltimore and serves clients in Maryland and Washington, DC, including Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Anne Arundel County and Howard County.