Our Lawyers Represent Doctors in All Employment-Related Matters
The employment relationship presents unique considerations and risks for doctors. From compensation structures to non-competition obligations, there are various issues that doctors must carefully consider before accepting employment with a hospital or other facility or provider. Of course, doctors can face many of the same challenges as other employees as well. Failure to pay compensation, harassment and discrimination, and wrongful termination are very real risks for employees at all levels. If your employer has violated your contractual or statutory rights or is threatening action against your medical license, you need to promptly discuss your situation with a medical employment lawyer.
Employment Lawyers Representing Doctors in Maryland and Washington D.C. and Providing Assistance in Virginia and Other Jurisdictions
At The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C., our lawyers represent doctors in Maryland and Washington D.C. in all employment-related legal matters and, as appropriate, provide counseling to doctors facing employment-related matters in other jurisdictions. This includes contract negotiations and renegotiations, as well as formal and informal dispute resolution. So whether you are preparing to accept a position or you need help extricating yourself from an untenable situation or disciplinary action, we can help, and we encourage you to contact us for a confidential consultation.
Our representation for doctors includes (but is not limited to) assisting with the following employment-related matters:
- Employment Contracts – Before signing an employment contract with a hospital or other facility, it is imperative to carefully review the contract and negotiate any unfair terms.
- Non-Competition and Confidentiality Agreements – Non-competition and confidentiality agreements can severely restrict doctors’ options when pursuing post-employment opportunities. Many employers overreach, and this can prove problematic for doctors in many cases.
- Federal Employment Issues – If you are considering employment with (or are currently employed by) the U.S. Veteran’s Administration (VA), you are entitled to certain privileges and protections. Our medical employment lawyers can help you understand your rights and take legal action on your behalf if necessary.
- Contractual Disputes – Contractual disputes between doctors and their employers can involve a broad range of issues. If you have an employment contract and are facing a dispute with your employer, our lawyers can help you move forward.
- Compensation Disputes – Non-contractual compensation disputes are also common in the health care setting. Our lawyers can assist if you have been underpaid, are not receiving the benefits to which you are entitled, or are facing any other compensation-related issue.
- Harassment and Discrimination Claims – We represent doctors in claims involving all forms of harassment and discrimination. This includes discrimination based on age, race, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy and disability.
- Severance and Wrongful Termination – We have significant experience representing doctors and other medical professionals in severance and wrongful termination matters. We can help you seek compensation, reinstatement and any other available legal or equitable remedies.
Speak with a Medical Employment Lawyer at The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C.
Do you have questions about your rights as an employee of a hospital or other medical facility or provider? To get the answers you need from an experienced employment lawyer, call The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C. at 410-514-6099 or request a confidential consultation online today.