Our Maryland Severance Agreement Lawyer Will Review And Negotiate On Your Behalf
The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C. reviews and successfully negotiates severance packages on behalf of employees in all industries in Maryland and Washington, D.C. If you have just been informed by your employer that you are being terminated, they most likely have presented you with a severance package. Some employees simply take whatever severance package the employer offers without ever exploring whether they may be able to negotiate for more favorable terms. On the other hand, the smart employees immediately consult with a Maryland severance agreement lawyer and view this as a chance to negotiate a better deal to ease their transition to a new opportunity.
Entering into a good severance agreement can be the difference between having a stream of income from your former employer to hold you over until you find a new opportunity and having to tap your personal savings. In short, severance packages should be reviewed and negotiated by an experienced employment attorney, and The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C. can assist you with doing just that.
We are experienced in reviewing severance packages and effectively negotiating with employers. Here are just a few of the points that our severance agreement attorneys typically negotiate for our clients in severance packages:
- The reason for termination that will be communicated to future prospective employers, and the contents of any letters of recommendation from your employer;
- The length of time that your soon-to-be former employer will pay your salary;
- Vacation days, paid-time off, sick leave and commissions;
- Full or partial releases from any restrictive covenants that you entered into with your employer, including non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, or confidentiality agreements; and
- Continuation of health insurance coverage for you and your family during your time of transition.
How Are We Different?
At The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C., we understand that during this time of transition, you want value from any law firm you retain. We differentiate ourselves from other law firms by:
- Looking for ways to enter into contingency fee arrangements with our clients, so that you can have certainty about the cost of this process;
- By focusing on employment law, our severance agreement lawyers are able to provide you with solid legal counsel to better enable you to achieve your goals; and
- Strategically and aggressively negotiating on your behalf to take advantage of this important opportunity to ensure that your transition is as smooth and as painless as possible.
Learn How A Maryland Severance Agreement Lawyer Can Help You
Working with the experienced severance agreement attorneys here at The Law Firm of J.W. Stafford, L.L.C. is simple, confidential and efficient. Your Maryland severance agreement lawyer will thoroughly review the proposed severance package from your former employer, provide you with strategic guidance on the law and areas where we may be able to bolster the proposed severance package and effectively negotiate on your behalf. If you have been presented with a severance package by your employer, contact us today via our website or call our Maryland office at 410-514-6099, so that we can help you.
Severance Agreement Blog Articles
Common Issues that Can Lead to Disciplinary Action for PharmacistsMay 17, 2023
The Maryland Board of Pharmacy is responsible for regulating pharmacists across the state. When a pharmacist is accused of violating a professional obligation, the Board takes
Mental or Physical Burnout Can Jeopardize Your LicenseApril 28, 2023
Most licensed professionals are very dedicated to providing the best possible service for their clients or patients. This requires hard work and long hours, in addition
Practicing Without a License: Here’s What You Need to KnowApril 21, 2023
Maybe you were helping out a friend or a family member. Maybe you were eager to expand your practice into a new market. Maybe you thought
What Are Your Options if You’ve Been Denied a Federal Security Clearance?April 14, 2023
Obtaining security clearance is essential for many jobs in the federal sector. Government employees, members of the military, and federal contractors may all need varying levels